Azure Fundamentals (1 day)
£250 + VAT
This course is designed for IT Professionals who are new to Microsoft Azure.
Attendees will be introduced to Azure and this course will prepare them to take their first steps to using Microsoft cloud services. Designed by experienced MVPs to help IT Pros get their foot in the door of Microsoft’s cloud offering, this course will give you the all-important push into learning what the potential of cloud computing has to offer and how to leverage it.
The course introduces the Azure concepts of Common Workloads, Azure Building Blocks and Azure Networking and Storage.
A more comprehensive 2 day Azure Fundamentals course is also available.
Little or no experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. Some experience with on-premises servers, networking and administrative operations. Experience of Office 365 or another cloud based service would be an advantage.
Introduction to Azure
- In this topic you will learn about Azure regions, the services available, how you purchase services, and subscriptions.
Common Workloads - IaaS vs. PaaS
- In this topic you will learn about the main customer workloads deployed into Azure today, such as IaaS virtual machines and PaaS services such as App Service Environments, and how Azure can save you money with elastic workloads.
Azure Building Blocks
- In this topic you will learn about the main elements that comprise an IaaS solution in Azure. You will find out more about virtual machines, Storage Accounts and Virtual Networking. Some of these will be examined in more detail in later topics as well.
- Lab: Create an Azure VM
- In this topic you will learn about the different elements of a software defined network, including Virtual Networks, load balancers, traffic manager and network security groups.
- Lab: Build a software defined network
- In this topic you will learn about the different kinds of storage such as databases and storage accounts, and how to use them wisely for greatest efficiency and availability.
- Lab: Storage Accounts