GDPR Essentials Every Business Should Know
£155 + VAT
GDPR Essentials Every Business Should Know is a chalk / talk analysis of the key aims and directives outlined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will become law for everyone on May 25th 2018.
This course is aimed at all members of a company from executive officers through to office staff. As all staff must abide by the new regulations this 3 hour session will provide attendees with a good knowledge of the regulations and the responsibilities and duties of data controllers and data processors. It will also highlight changes that businesses will need to put in place to ensure they are taking reasonable measures to protect personal data.
By the end of this course you will have a good understanding of the new regulation and the key tenets of GDPR, including defining data privacy, retention, consent, backup, safeguarding and processing.
This course will teach you to understand the potential impact GDPR may have on your organization and prepare you to become GDPR compliant.
- What is GDPR, and why is it necessary?
- Who & what does the GDPR apply to?
- Data breaches, finds and jurisdiction
- GDPR principles, and key definitions
- GDPR Data Controllers and Data Processors
- Key GDPR articles defining data privacy, retention, consent, backup, safeguarding and processing
- GDPR for the individual (data subject) – their rights, your responsibilities
- Data breach notification and actions
- How staff training can help adopt a GDPR compliance mindset
Course attendees will receive a Pocket GDPR Guide.